We are seeking an Accountant to add to our Accounting and Finance team! This individual will report directly to our Controller and will support the Finance/Accounting department by performing various tasks, reconciliations and analysis. This position is responsible for producing timely, accurate, and reliable financial information.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Reviews, tracks, and maintains financial records in accounting systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Maintains one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc.
- Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Compiles financial data to aid the Controller in the preparation of income and balance sheet statements, cash flow statements, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Supports monthly close activities, monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for internal and/or external use, interprets reports and records for internal stakeholders.
- Assists in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
- Assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Assists external tax accountant with financial data to prepare tax returns.
- Reconciles sales commission statements from providers.
- Updates Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for commissions that have been received.
- Performs various CRM audits, projects, and analyses.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
Basic Qualifications (education and years of work experience in field/area):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in public accounting.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver various tasks completely and accurately.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn systems/software quickly.
You Should Apply If You Want:
- A collaborative team enviornment in a growing company.
- A fantastic culture and work environment.
- Excellent Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-term disabilities
- Life Insurance
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
- Floater Holiday
- 401k (50% company match)
At Utility Concierge, we celebrate diversity. Candidates seeking employment at Utility Concierge are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Utility Concierge Awards & Accolades
- #110 Fastest Growing Company in Texas, Inc 5000 Series Texas List, 2020
- #1537 Fastest Growing Company in America, Inc. 5000, 2020
- Top 100 Places to Work in Dallas, The Dallas Morning News, 2020
- Dallas 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, SMU COX Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship, 2020
- #1810 Fastest Growing Company in America, Inc. 5000, 2019
- #3091 Fasting Growing Company in Amercia, Inc. 5000, 2018