Payroll & HR Specialist
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Owns all aspects of payroll (including W-2 preparation), timekeeping, benefits administration, and personnel records, to include communication with payroll processor and benefits vendors.
- Responsible for processing payroll, bonuses, and commissions accurately in accordance with the Payroll calendar; verifies employee deduction amounts, PTO balances, and hours worked.
- Serves as the HRIS administrator by maintaining employee records (position changes, compensation changes, W-4 updates, direct deposit updates, etc.).
- Updates the timekeeping system to ensure payroll policies are current and supervisor groups are accurate; troubleshoots Time and Labor issues for employees and supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring new hires are set up and integrated correctly into the HRIS and Benefits platforms (i.e. Employee Navigator, Lively, supplemental/worksite benefits).
- Serves as the Benefits administrator by ensuring new hires enroll/waive coverage, compliance documents are issued, managing qualifying events, ensuring Open Enrollment elections are processed correctly and on time, 401(k) administration, and supporting annual compliance requirements (e.g., 1095 submission).
- Communicates with supervisors/managers and employees on required action for payroll and benefits processing.
- Serves as the Wage and Employment verification administrator, responding to unemployment claims and requests for verification of employment and wages.
- Other job duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
Basic Qualifications (education and years of work experience in field/area):
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years in a payroll processing role.
- Minimum of 2 years of processing Sales payroll (bonus and commissions).
Other Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications):
- Ability to learn systems and software quickly.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically, anticipating potential issues.
- Demonstrated organizational/planning skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to represent Utility Concierge in a professional manner both internally and externally.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office products.
- Familiarity with HRIS infrastructure and ability to make employee record changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in business dealings.
- Proficiency with Paylocity.
- Familiarity with Employee Navigator and Lively HSA.